Golf Course Review: MoundView Golf Course
Nice 9 hole value course
Very reasonable spring rates- $18-22 for 9 holes with riding cart. Most holes are quite challenging, not a short course. Shot placement is important on the course, no gimme holes among the 9. Greens held very well for late april. Overall a nice 9 holes for the money.
1. nice opening hole easing you into the round
2. don't be short of corner for 2nd shot, a gentle draw around the dogleg left sets you up well, but beware of small green- get near it in two if you want a chance at birdie.
3. fire away on drive, stay left of traps for best approach
4. long par 3, tree guards small green on one side, hill on the other side, choose tee club wisely
5. keep down leftside of fairway to have any shot at the green
6. fire away- gentle draw can get you close to or on green
7. cut dogleg a little, but don't get greedy, sandy soil will mess with 2nd shot from rough
8. another long par 3 to small green, stay right if possible, tough green to putt also
9. nice, fairly easy finish for anyone whose drive is on the fairway
Roughs are sandy, so be cautious when cutting corners, greens hold nicely, but are mostly small. 3 excellent courses nearby- 2 at Lake Arrowhead about 20 miles north, 1 about 10 miles east at Northern Bay